I invite you to enter a query for your Wabaunsee County ancestors by utilizing the comment form below.
A few basic rules for posting your query:
- Your query must have an Wabaunsee county connection or it will not be posted.
- Please do not post queries for tracing living individuals.
- Please do not post information on living individuals.
- Please be specific, do not just list a surname in your query.
- Please be sure to include at least one date in your query, even if its approximate. (See example)
- Please use capitalization on surname only. (See example)
Example of a good query: Looking for information on John DOE, b: abt 1842 in Illinois, d: unk. Family tradition has it that John came to Wabaunsee County abt 1885 with friends he fought with in the Civil War.
1 thought on “Wabaunsee County Kansas Queries”
trying to find information on the black baptist church that was in maple hill (wabaunsee county) from information that I gathered (which is little) the church was on the corner of 7th and main. I am guessing the years it was active was 1930-1965 . my mother talked about going there and how they would have church dinners once or twice a month, and people would be lined down the street for blocks. (I gather this is how the church made money) . few people are left that remember the church, so finding information is hard.I was born in 1960 and I have no recall of a black church being in maple hill, so it was torn down and gone by the time would remember a church being there.
any,and all help will be greatly appreciated.